About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri
I have always thought of myself as creative (hence why I majored in marketing in college) however it hasn't been until recently I feel like I can take that side of me and put it towards crafts. I am still learning but this blog will allow everyone to learn with me.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hospital Gown!!!

My best friend Jen is having her first baby here very soon!! I believe she is getting to the 3 week mark. I can not take credit for this because this is beyond my sewing skills. I have known Jen since middle school but we didn't become as close until the end of high school. My mom loves Jen and she wanted to do something nice for her. Jen is really into fashion and I knew that she wouldn't want to wear just a normal hospital gown. My mom came up with the idea of making her a hospital gown as a baby gift for me. Since Jen is having a little boy name Mason we wanted to stick with blues and browns. Jen has the most beautiful blue eyes ever so we picked this color blue to really bring them out.  My mom did all of the work, I just helped pick out the fabric. She made a pocket so Jen can have her cell phone in arm's length. She also made the sleeves with Velcro so it is easy to breast feed. So if you are trying to think of a fun baby shower gift and you dont want to give the normal diaper and outift this is a perfect idea!


                                                                      The pocket!!


                                                                            The back


                                                                         Velcro sleeves

No comments:

Post a Comment