About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri
I have always thought of myself as creative (hence why I majored in marketing in college) however it hasn't been until recently I feel like I can take that side of me and put it towards crafts. I am still learning but this blog will allow everyone to learn with me.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Starter gardening set made pretty

Well today is a HUGE day for weddings. Prince William and Kate Middleton got married this morning. I just want to say that she looked BEAUTIFUL!!! Her dress was very her but also followed tradition which I thought was great. However, today is also the wedding of my good friend Kerri. It is the same friend that I did the picture for on my first post. Her wedding shower gift is what got me excited for making crafts after the reaction I got from it.  I just want to point out that Kerri set her wedding date before William and Kate :) Well I was thinking hard about what I can give Kerri for her wedding. I didn't feel like giving her cash was really something that I wanted to do. I wanted to be creative. Since she is a new home owner I wanted to give her something that she wanted to do.  Kerri is all about making her first home beautiful so I wanted to focus on the outside since the inside was pretty much taken care of. I asked her one day if she plans on gardening and she responded with "Yea, I want to but I have no idea what I am doing". So that is where my idea came to play.  Make her a gardening starter kit!!
I kept thinking what exactly I could do to make it something she will enjoy. She loves normal stuff that you can make pretty. I started with the tools. I covered them with fabric and ribbon. I wanted to make something as simple as a gardening tool and make it pretty.   Then I thought ok, what else could I do?? Then it hit me, I can make a bucket that she carries everything around with pretty as well. When I went to Lowes to get the tools I saw this carrying bucket cover and I was like AWESOME, this is the picture I have in my head and now I know how I can go about it. When I saw this fabric at Hobby Lobby I feel in love with it! The rest is history. I added some gloves, a hose spray, and a box of plant food to get her started. I was thinking about getting her bulbs too but there are so many beautiful types of flowers in many colors so I thought it would be best for her to pick those out herself.
I hope everyone enjoys :)







No comments:

Post a Comment